I trademarked the term Integrity Orthodontics because I felt it necessary to differentiate my practice. The foundations of I.O. are the Golden Rule and the Rotary 3-way test.
Golden Rule: Treat people the way you want to be treated.
Rotary 4-way test:
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL & BETTER Friendships?
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
What does I.O. do?
1) We conform to the Dental Practice Act and State Laws regarding advertising. We never claim to be “painless” or “best”.
2) We conform to Labor Laws and delegation of duties.
3) We obey HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations that protect privacy.
4) We follow OSHA rules for the safety of patients and staff.
5) We follow the American Association of Orthodontists Ethical Guidelines, including advertising guidelines.
6) We welcome periodic audits of patient charts and our facility by insurance companies.
7) Before starting treatment, we perform a complete exam with periodontal evaluation on adults. We get clearance from the general dentist to assure there is no decay, periodontal disease or other problems. We take x-rays and get photos and models of teeth. The doctor personally develops each diagnosis and treatment plan. The diagnosis and treatment plan are presented so all questions can be answered before treatment starts.
8) We do use the most advanced clinically proven technology available. No headgear – we use mini implants.
9) Before treatment starts, all costs are fully understood and transparent; what insurance pays, what they don’t, what the down payment and monthly payments are. It is all fully explained and presented in writing. No small print.
What does I.O. not do?
1) We don’t talk people into treatment. The staff does not get bonuses based on “production” or “selling cases”. We explain options including delaying treatment.
2) We don’t pay Yelp, Angie’s List or any other testimonial or rating company.
3) We don’t pay magazines or television stations to call us “Best of …”.
4) We don’t make claims about the brand of brackets we use as being faster, more comfortable or requiring fewer extractions. All of these manufacturers’ claims have been repeatedly disproven in statistically valid clinical studies published in the American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
The final orthodontic result has little to do with the brand of bracket. Final results depend on the doctor and staff team working together with well informed and motivated patients and parents.
So, the essence of I.O. is the Golden Rule and the Rotary 4-way test. We hope this helps you better understand who we are and what we do.